- Overmantels has been designing and handcrafting exceptional mirrors in England for almost 30 years, earning a reputation as Britain’s foremost mirror specialists.The ultimate marriage of Classical Design married with modern living: 19th Century Louise Philippe style frame paired with the latest and highest specification TV mirror glass
- Using only the best materials and traditional techniques, our mirrors are lovingly handmade to an exacting standard.From the timber frames handmade in the Cotswolds, to the precise gilding and composition craftsmanship, quality and heritage is at the heart of everything Overmantels creates.
- Overmantels specialises in the design and production of highest quality mirrors, with emphasis on exquisite reproductions of traditional styles from early 17th to late 19th Centuries.Large overmantel mirror in 19th century Beidermeier style. We have replaced the traditional veneer panels with glass, to give the frame a crisp, contemporary feel, while still staying true to its roots. The frame is finished with some beautiful acanthus leaf mouldings, and bold scrolls on the columns.
- The craft and time required perfecting each vital stage of mirror making, ornamentation and finishing is quite something and is what make Overmantels’ work covetable and truly specialOvermantels has been designing and handcrafting wall mirrors with its specialist team of artisans for 28 years
- We are passionate champions of traditional artisan skills in mirror making. Our gilders still use 18th century recipes to decorate and gild our mirrorsThe foundation of our reputation is our exquisite mirrors, with all the care and time put into them – the quality and expertise is evident and has lead us to become leaders in our field.
- Customers can tailor their mirror’s dimensions, ornamentation or finish for a made-to-measure design that complements their individual style.Shown here a No22a from our French Collection, which is based on styles popular during the reign of Louis Philippe (1830 - 1848). Quintessential French salon mirrors are characterised by straight sides and soft radial corners, which lend to a more romantic feel.
- Ah that's better! Now you can have your TV in your bedroom without spoiling the look of the room!All our mirrors can now come with a TV inside. From any angle the TV is invisible when off but the glass gives way to pixel perfect viewing when on. The ultimate fusion of modern technology and stunning classical design
- Our experienced staff will assist in creating the mirrors that work in perfect harmony with the architecture, proportion and style of your roomShown here a No62 Bullseye Mirror (named after the emblems on the 4 corners - selection of motifs available). A commanding mirror and one which is very versatile for many positions in the home. Overmantels Mirrors UK, home of large mirrors
- Our Eglomise mirrors have a delicate, ethereal quality: altering with the light falling across them. The painstaking gilding work of these fine mirrors results in a dancing work of art.An arresting mirror - intricately hand gilded taking weeks to complete by our specialist Verre Eglomise artist. The effect is impressive and feminine - with geometric lines of soft pearl inlay woven on handpainted silver leaf.
We are open on Saturday 4th April and then closed until 10am Tuesday 7th